Purpose: To articulate the linkage between strategic thinking and leadership: Leaders need to think strategically to achieve a goal. We want to find an example of this topic in our reading and be able to explain the linkage.
The following pages are relevant for the written assignment and the leadership section of the class.
Art of War – read the following pages – these are for the written assignment
40 – 43 #1: “Laying plans”
48 – 51 #3: “Attack by stratagem”
64 – 68: #7: “Maneuvering an army”
The pages 45-69 from The Principles of War: just think about what is being said, not the details – you can almost skim these pages
One inch margins
12 point font, any professional font style is fine
Length maximum three pages →but you can get a good paper in just under two pages.
Can use some, but not entirely, outline format to list some points, but the points need to be in complete sentences.
Single space your name and date in the upper left corner
If you want to list any references you can do that but not needed
Incorporation of the The Art of War and/or The Principles of War – might help to have one or two quotes from the book.
Incorporation of the textual material: might help to have one or two quotes or references from The Goal and/or the IBM book and/or Onward. Think about what happened to Alex or Lou or Howard and what they did.
Alternatively, you can reflect on the recent events in other situations with relation to the books and topics from class. See sample papers on Canvas.
o Find one point of interest to you and write about it. Just start writing and it will develop.
o Write to yourself, not to the instructor
For example, answer one of these questions or any point that is of interest to you:
1. On page 47 Sun Tzu states that the leader of the army is the arbiter of the people’s fate. How does this relate to our books and a topic from class?
2. On page 64 Sun Tzu states that there is nothing more difficult than tactical maneuvering. What do you think he means by this in relation to our books?
3. On page 45 of The Principles of War, Clausewitz gives three objectives of war. Apply the third objective to our books and a topic from class.
4. On page 61 of The Principles of War, Clausewitz talks about “a great difficulty.” How does this apply to Lou and Alex and Howard?
5. On page 61 and the following page of The Principles of War, Clausewitz addresses points that discuss his topic of “friction.” Comment on one of these points in relation to Lou and Alex and Howard.
6. You can also apply questions to another situation if you want: campus club, work experience, sports team, and the like.
 All pages references are from the books from the bookstore. Other editions may have different page numbers.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more