Business Plan/Contract PPY Presentation
Estimated time to complete: 10 hours
- Generate a professional Power Point presentation that sums the following areas:
- Introduction to topic, include introducing yourself, why this is important (1 slide)
- Develop a business plan to start or manage a practice (6-10), identify SWOT analysis, marketing plan, key stakeholders, reimbursement, insurance issues, a solid budget plan (expense and revenue sheet)
- Construct an employment contract for an advanced practice nurse in your selected care setting. (3-4)) Be specific. What should APN ask for salary, vacation, Health insurance, dental, vision, long and short term insurance, professional development/education fees, professional journals, any others?
- Compare the legal, ethical, and contractual considerations for APN in the employment setting (2-3 slides)
- Inclusive of references in presentation, and references then fully presented in final slide of presentation as a reference page (1-2 slides)
- Use APA for formatting
- Presentation should be minimally 25 slides, enough slides to appropriately cover material being presented
- Presentation is to be designed as if you, the APN, were seeking funding for starting your own clinic.
- Presentation to include:Contract portion is to be designed as if student/APN was seeking a position. What would an APN want in the contract? Provide details within the contract about salary, insurances, benefits, duties, etc
- Type of clinic, clientele serving, location
- Mission/vision statement
- DETAILED budget analysis. Expense and revenue reports
- Insurance and reimbursement: Provide information on expected revenue. What would an APN charge for certain visits (sick versus health check), what is epected pay from insurance types (private, Medicare/Medicaid?)
- Contract portion is to be designed as if student/APN was seeking a position. What would an APN want in the contract? Provide details within the contract about salary, insurances, benefits, duties, etc.
- MUST USE NOTES SECTION. NO AUDIO. Use the notes section to discuss content. Professor will be assessing analysis and synthesis of understanding of the content)